EPIC (Empowering People In Communities) is completely free, and open to volunteers of all ages and for all types of volunteering. To qualify for an EPIC Award, volunteers must make a commitment of at least 50 hours, within any 12-month period. These hours can be gained through volunteering with one organisation, or with multiple organisations simultaneously.
● Bronze Award - 50 hours of volunteering
● Silver Award - 100 hours of volunteering
● Gold Award - 200 hours of volunteering
Our aim is to provide an inclusive initiative that recognises and rewards the contribution of volunteers in the community and promotes volunteering as a whole!
Would your organisation like to reward its volunteers? The EPIC Awards is the perfect way to do so! As well as showing how much you value your volunteers for the work that they do, participating in this initiative is a great way to attract new volunteers and to retain and motivate your existing volunteers. It’s accessible to all age groups, and can be used to validate skills, experience and training.
It is also a constant reminder of your volunteers’ contributions and prompts you to give due recognition for their commitment.
Getting involved with the EPIC Awards is simple:
● Step 1: Register your interest via our online form HERE, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
● Step 2: Once you’re registered, we will provide you with EPIC Record Books and full instructions on how to get involved
● Step 3: Promote the EPIC Awards regularly to your volunteers and encourage them to record their hours.
● Step 4: Check and sign off the volunteer’s hours on a regular basis.
● Step 5: Once a volunteer has reached 50, 100 or 200 hours of volunteering, return the Record Book to us, via post or email, and we will prepare the relevant certificates for your volunteers.
Please strive for accuracy in signing off hours to preserve the integrity of the Awards
How To Get Involved - Volunteers
There are many reasons to get involved with EPIC Awards as a volunteer. The initiative gives recognition for the time, commitment, experience and skills that you have shared as a volunteer. It also provides a record of what you have gained in terms of experience and skills and can be used on your CV or job applications! What’s more, you’ll get a lovely certificate to show off to your friends and family.
Getting involved with the EPIC Awards is easy!
● Step 1: Ask your placement organisation about EPIC Awards. If they have not already registered, ask them to contact us at email@example.com. Feel free to get in touch with us yourself if you are experiencing any difficulties.
● Step 2: Your organisation will provide you with an EPIC Record Book, as well as full guidance on what you have to do.
● Step 3: Start recording your hours. EPIC Awards are available for 50, 100 and 200 hours within a 12-month period. Get them signed off by the person responsible for volunteering in your organisation. You will need to get these signed off as you go along to ensure accuracy.
● Step 4: When you reach 50, 100 or 200 hours and your EPIC Record Book has been signed off, ask your organisation to send it to us, or send it to us directly by email or post.
● Step 5: We will prepare the certificate for presentation by your organiation.
From time to time and when funding permits, Presentation Events may be organised.
A: Yes, so long as the hours have been completed within the last 12 months.
A: No, it is totally free of charge for both organisations and volunteers.
A: Yes, volunteers can complete hours with multiple organisations. Each organisation must be registered with us.
A: Volunteers must complete the required hours within a 12-month period - i.e. if a volunteer starts recording hours in February, they have to have accumulated at least 50 hours by the following February. In exceptional circumstances, an extension may be considered.
A: Yes, we encourage this, as it will help to attract more volunteers. We also encourage organisations to promote the EPIC Awards on social media channels, using the hashtag #EpicAwardsNI